Yep. We’re going there.
I know, I know. Motherhood is exhausting and the last thing you want to think, talk or do is that.
But, I also know you love your husband and want to be emotionally connected to him. Perhaps the best way to get what you want is to consider his need for (sex). (if it’s in parenthesis and italicized it. . .totally counts as whispering).
Today’s guest, Francie Winslow, joyfully shares the truth God has taught her about sex within marriage. Being a southern gal, it took a clear sign from God to decide to make this the topic she will be speaking and writing about in 2015.
Y’all. Francie brings it.
As a mom to four young kiddos, she understands the struggles of transitioning from tired mom to hot wife. But she also knows the power sex has to transform your marriage, family and community.
Make sure you listen to the whole episode because the last 15 minutes she gives us tips on how to switch gears and get our minds/bodies ready for sex. She also shares what’s in her little kit to help “freshen up” at the end of a long mommy day.
What we talk about:
- The path of obedience God took Francie on this past fall & the topic He has called her to speak/write about.
- Encouragement to those in a relationship with addiction/abuse to get professional help.
- Francie’s southern upbringing, knew about abstinence but not about abundance within marriage.
- The negative messages Francie received requiring her to rewire thinking about sex–how it’s good, why and it’s purpose.
- The one need of your husband you are the only one who should fill it–privilege perspective instead of a burden.
“Sex is a key that emotionally connects a husband and a wife.”
- Considering his need before your own is the key to connection.
- The science and hormones involved in sex.
“The more the more, the less the less”
- How our society benefits from a healthy sex life–higher goal than “have to”
- 7 tips for the tired mom who struggles switching gears to hot wife.
- The contents of Francie’s tired mom bathroom tool kit (make your own!).
“Actions of love lead to feelings of love.” -Tim Keller
Connect with Francie:
- Francie’s first GCM podcast interview– For Freedom Been Set Free
- Mary Flo Ridley–Birds & Bees? Oh, help me please!
“then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” (Phil 2:2-4)
- 28 Days of FREE Tips for a Better Marriage
- How to Switch Gears from Tired Mom to Hot Wife (practical list included)
- How NOT to Waste Your Evenings Together
Recommended Books (**Amazon Affiliate Links**):
- Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage by Kevin Leman
- Intimacy Ignited: Conversations Couple to Couple: Fire Up Your Sex Life with the Song of Solomon
by Linda Dillow
- Intimate Issues: Twenty-One Questions Christian Women Ask About Sex
by Linda Dillow
- His Needs, Her Needs: Building an Affair-Proof Marriage
by Willard Harley
- For Women Only, Revised and Updated Edition: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men
by Shaunti Feldhahn
- The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex: (And You Thought Bad Girls Have All the Fun)
by Sheila Gregoire
Alright y’all. . .let’s go change the world, starting in our bedrooms.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes: GodCenteredMom.com/review