Sippy cup refill requests. Another load of laundry to fold. A sibling dispute.
Ever feel like you are reacting to life?
Life is coming at you and you respond.
There have been many times in my mothering where instead of joy & hope I feel beat down and unfulfilled.
One woman who has whispered beauty and calm into those dark places, is today’s podcast guest, Sally Clarkson.
She told me motherhood can be more than just doing the dishes. It is the most important job, guiding souls through discipleship and love. She taught me that my hard-to-handle boy may need me to sympathize more than instruct. She agreed boys may be a little wild. . .but showed me they can be civil & sip tea.
When I was coming out of a time of “not feeling like myself” Sally showed me how to own my life. To drop the negative thoughts which held me back. To consider what I wanted my days to look like and then make them happen.
And now Sally’s written her encouragement into a new book called, “Own Your Life”. . . releasing today!
In this podcast episode, I ask Sally all-the-things I’ve been pondering, from how to help your children really “know” God to simple advice on transforming a hard mom day.
I’m just giddy to share this with you. . .enjoy!!
**OH! And if you want to learn even more from Sally, there is a FREE webcast tonight, January 6th, 9 EST/8 CST/6 PST. Sign up HERE **
What we talk about:
- Why I struggle to read Sally’s books at the end of hard days.
- Every mom has her own mom personality.
- In spite of our mom errors, children can learn our hearts
- How do we help our children “Yadah” God…to know Him personally
- Living a life of color & taste & joy so our children see & know the goodness of the Lord.
- How we are motivated…not by guilt or checklists but by love & encouragement.
- Balancing grace & truth in parenting–practicing patience & love takes time.
- Definition of the phrase “own your life”-
- Sally’s example of a friend who “owns her life” in a special way why she serves her son with a disability.
- In an immediate gratification society, not forgetting the long term process of your life. growing day by day, little by little.
- Making sure you make time for yourself, to fill up before you pour out to the little people in your life.
- Common barriers to owning your life.
- Sally’s advice to a mom who was depressed<–LOVED THIS
- Importance of believing the right philosophy–God is for you.
- How to start 2015–reflecting back & moving forward well
Connect with Sally:
(click here to watch if reading via email)
What’s one way you plan to own your life in 2015?
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes: GodCenteredMom.com/review