Sometimes? Hard stuff happens.
It may be a life-altering tragedy. It may be a new state you find yourself.
When the hard happens, we can choose our response. We can feel defeated and give up. We can fight back with our own strength and become exhausted.
OR we can seek God, through His Word, rely on His strength, and find rest and healing.
Today’s podcast guest, Wendy Blight, vulnerably shares the hard parts of her story. As a rape survivor, Wendy found healing through Scripture.
Years later as a mom who struggled with anger, again Wendy found transformation and growth through memorizing key verses.
I love having moms of older children on the show. Nothing beats a nice dose of perspective and wisdom. You are in for a treat.
Wendy is the author of my new favorite Bible Study, “Living So That”. On the podcast I share the “only God” story of how I found her book.
AND one lucky winner is going to be given a copy of the book. Just leave a comment on this post or a review on iTunes to be entered to win.
Giveaway ends April 4th at midnight. Winner announced April 6th.
What we chat about:
- How Wendy healed as a rape survivor
- The three God appointments which led her to study His Word
- How to integrate Scripture into your prayers
- Wendy’s time as an angry young mom and ‘yelling’ when she didn’t want to
- What steps Wendy took to help change the way she mothered
- The lies we believe about who we are
- How to bring the unity of the Spirit in your home
- Turning to His Word instead of Facebook
- Picking one thing and one Scripture to work on
- How we can control the temperature of our homes
- Brainstorming creative ways to spend time in God’s presence (even during middle-of-the-night feedings)
- Wendy’s next book on the names of God
There is no better place than sitting at the feet of Jesus. Whatever time you can give Him, He will fill you up to be the mom you want to be.
Connect with Wendy:
- Declare Conference
- Living “So That”: Making Faith-Filled Choices in the Midst of a Messy Life (InScribed Collection) *(Amazon affiliate link)
- Hidden Joy in a Dark Corner: The Transforming Power of God’s Story (*Amazon affiliate link)
- Isaiah 55:11, “so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.”
- Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is alive and active.”
- Proverbs 15:1 “A gentle answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.”
- Proverbs 29:11 “Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.”
What verse or Scripture has brought you healing?
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review