Seems appropriate to watch portions of the Miss America pageant while putting the finishing touches on this podcast episode.
I’m not a pageant fanatic, mind you.
But as a little girl, a friend and I used to watch VHS pageant replays and try to learn the opening dance routine. We’d practice our runway walks and humble acceptance speeches. We dreamed about being “picked” and donning that crown.
There is something in each of us longing for royalty. To be recognized, favored and made significant. . . a maybe even wear a tiara.
Today’s podcast guest, acclaimed author & speaker, Liz Curtis Higgs, shares what she learned while researching the famous Queen of Sheba.
You may be surprised to learn there is more to the Queen Sheba than her wealth and power. In studying her trip to visit King Solomon (1 Kings), we see how a queen can be humbled and learn to praise God as Lord.
For those of us who struggle with strong personalities (and even big mouths), Liz gives some wonderful advice on being Biblically bold.
ANNNDD! Since we want to be generous like Sheba, Liz’s publisher is giving away a copy of the book.
To enter the giveaway, leave a comment below and let me know if you did any of the following: 1) Followed Liz on Twitter or Facebook 2) Left a review on iTunes for this podcast 3) Plan to gather gals & do this Bible study. Winner announced Monday, Sept 21, 2015.
What we chat about:
- The sacrifice and support necessary to live the life of a speaker.
- What qualities and character we can learn from the Queen of Sheba.
- Liz shares interesting details about the Queen’s travel to visit Solomon.
- Why Sheba went to talk with Solomon.
- Difference between Biblical boldness and arrogance.
- Being bold to say the hard things when we make emotional messes in our families.
- What we learn from the humbling of Queen Sheba.
Connect with Liz:
- The Parable of the Lily: Special 10th Anniversary Edition (Parable Series)**
- It’s Good to Be Queen: Becoming as Bold, Gracious, and Wise as the Queen of Sheba**
- It’s Good to be Queen Study Videos
- Check out Liz’s other books/studies
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
*If you missed past episodes, you can listen via iTunes or click on this page of the GodCenteredMom site to find a listing of all the episodes.
**Check out this page for instructions on how to leave a rating or review on iTunes:GodCenteredMom.com/review