All have sinned. . .and all have been offered mercy.
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. . . we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.” Romans 5:8 & 11
The last couple podcast episodes there has been a bit of a theme developing. None of us can achieve perfection in our efforts. But we have hope because we have been given a perfect Savior.
Jesus longs to restore us to wholeness. To heal the wounds. To bind the brokenness.
Today, my dear friend, Stacy Reaves, shares her own restoration story. Her story includes an abortion as a teenager, a striving to “live perfectly” and a healing of her soul. Now she and her mom lead Restore Ministry for post-abortive women.
Even if your story doesn’t resonate with Stacy’s, I encourage you to listen because she clearly explains the freedom journey.
No matter what shame you are carrying, Stacy and I hope you find the confidence of a safe friend. That you allow Truth to remove whatever lies you are believing. And that you hear God’s voice clearly saying who you are in Him.
Connect with Stacy:
What we chat about:
- The story of Stacy’s teenage pregnancy and then abortion.
- The weight and struggle of the pain after she became a Christian.
- The invitation by a mentor to attend a recovery Bible study.
- The freedom she (and her mom) received and wanted for others.
- The life we are called to live–a purpose to live out once healed.
- The multitude of women not reaching out for help and healing.
- The healing and groups for men affected by abortion.
- Restore Ministry
- True self vs. False self video
“Hear, Lord, and be merciful to me; Lord, be my help. You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise you forever.” Psalm 30:10-12
- Surrendering the Secret: Healing the Heartbreak of Abortion (Picking Up the Pieces Series)
by Patricia Layton**
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.