Our copy is duct-taped and well-loved. . .
My oldest son beamed telling me how he’s read the whole Bible in a couple weeks. . .
It’s sold almost 2 million copies. . .
Children (and adults) have been wooed by the story of their Great Rescuer. Of His ‘Never-Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.’
And now “The Jesus Storybook Bible” is even more accessible.
This week’s podcast guest, author Sally Lloyd-Jones, chats with me about her newest project. . .
Same great content, new design, new title. . .for a new audience. “The Story of God’s Love for You” is now available. For the person you never would have thought to give a children’s Bible. The person who needs to hear:
“It’s not about rules, so keeping them God will love us. Or heroes we’re supposed to copy so God will love us. It’s about a God who loved us before we even knew Him. A God who will move heaven and earth to be with His children.” –Sally Lloyd-Jones
In this episode, Sally shares a little of her background and the inspiration behind “The Jesus Storybook Bible”. We also spend time talking about how God uses stories to reach our hearts.
Sally knows how to speak grace and the gospel message. Her words will feel like a deep cleansing breath. Her books are daily reminders of grace. The grace we long to show ourselves and our children.
Connect with Sally:
What we chat about:
- How Sally got to NYC from Uganda and how she discovered the gift of writing
- Trusting God to bring about His plans even in challenging circumstances
- Being faithful with the unseen, important task in front of us
- How the “Jesus Story Book Bible” makes the gospel accessible
- What’s new in the version “The Story of God’s Love for You”
- How God’s love melts our hearts
- Sally’s personal childhood experience with Sunday School and how it guided her writing
- Reconciling the God in the Old Testament and New Testament
- The Story of God’s Love for You **
- The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name**
- Other books by Sally
**Amazon Affiliate Link
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.