The 100th episode!!! Seriously. How did that happen?
The goal of this podcast has always been to help women keep God in the center of their mothering/lives. And to remember they are in the center of God’s presence, in every moment.
Today’s podcast guest, Jen Clouse, successfully meets those goals. Making her the perfect 100th episode guest!
Jen focuses our eyes on the everyday gifts. Seeing them as glimpses of heaven’s glory here on earth. But she also reminds us that this is not our forever home.
Jen’s insightful perspective comes from a harsh reality. Her own mortality. Last December Jen was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer.
In this episode, Jen shares what she’s learned about heaven (from co-leading a study for 100+ women). She also gives a super practical way to figure out how you can help a friend in need. Jen reminds us mamas to hold our children loosely. To realize we have the privilege of partnering with God, but ultimately how our children “turn out” is up to him.
And this. . .
It’s hard in the crisis to build that support system. Invest in women’s lives now. Not because you’re going to need them in case you have cancer. But that the time invested in friendships, meaningful friendships is worth it.–Jen
My biggest take-away from our conversation is to view my “to do” list as a “get to do” list. What joy to get to pick up my boys from school, to get to serve them meals, and to get to put them to bed!
This holiday season may we all see our everyday in light of eternity. Be grateful for all our “get to”s. And invest in our sweet friendships.
AND . . .in honor of the 100th episode (and Christmas). . . and in conjunction with today’s episode theme. . .I’m giving away a copy of “Just Show Up” by Kara Tippetts and her friend Jill Lynn Butelyn:
To be entered to win just leave a comment below (Giveaway ends at midnight, Saturday, December 19th. GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED. Amy May, the winner, was notified via email).
I would love if you would say a prayer for Jen. Of course, feel free to write out a prayer in your comment below and I’ll make sure she sees it.
Connect with Jen:
What we chat about:
- Jen’s surprise engagement, surprise baby and surprise cancer diagnosis.
- Hope for the mom with chronic sickness/trauma/heartache.
- What Jen’s learned about how friends help well.
- The truths Jen gained from studying Heaven last summer.
- Lessons for all of us to hold our children loosely.
- Dealing with temper tantrums and other challenging behavior when mom is sick.
- The value of building strong friendships.
- “Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.” (Psalm 115:1)
- “Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.” (Psalm 43:3)
- In Light of Eternity by Randy Alcorn
- “Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.” (Colossians 3:2-3)
- Nobody’s Cuter than You by Melanie Shankle
- Just Show Up by Kara Tippetts & Jill Lynn Butelyn
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.