Ok, so it’s my turn.
A little behind-the-scenes of the God Centered Mom podcast.
But before the crazy. . . this episode begins with something God’s been pressing on my heart and mind.
The idea of seeing the “behind-the-scenes” of my circumstances. Of asking God to open my eyes and allow me to see the unseen, eternal work of His hand.
Although I spend time in this episode unpacking Psalm 17:15. . .this is the verse God has used over and over in my life:
“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)
Y’all know I’m not the expert on any of this. But I do share how we do things and what we value. . .even if they aren’t done perfectly. A new favorite quote of my husband and mine is:
“If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly.” -G. K. Chesteron
My goal of this episode is not to give a formula or parenting advice, but to help open your spiritual eyes. To “awaken” and be a spiritually sensitive follower of Christ.
The questions I answer (& who asked):
- What is my mom story (Elizabeth Cravillion)?
- What is the story behind my sons’ names (Kris Lynn) ? And what would I name a girl (Julia Brown)?
- How did we decide to have four kids? And what do we love about having four boys (Julia Brown)?
- How do I calm down wild boys (Shonda Knowlton)?
- What does a typical day look like (Shonda Knowlton)?
- How do I reset a bad day (Julia Brown)?
- Do we have a formal family devotional time (MommyCRB)?
- How do we serve together (Stephanie Warner)?
- How do my husband and I settle parenting disagreements (Cynthia Thomas)?
- What is my advice to moms of littles (Stephanie Warner)?
- Who influenced me to start the podcast (Carol Stull)? What has been my journey (Naomi Wilcox)?
- Who is my favorite guest and most influential episode (Stephanie Warner)?
- How does having an eternal perspective affect parenting toddlers (Kristina) ?
- What is God telling me for 2016 (Susan Seay)?
- “As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness.” (Psalms 17:15)
- “Come and see what God has done. He is awesome in his deeds toward the children of man.” (Psalms 66:5)
- “Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the LORD will do before your eyes.” (1 Samuel 12:16)
- “The eye is the lamp of the body, so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light.” (Matthew 6:22)
- “For the people’s heart had grown dull and with their ears they can barely hear and their eyes are closed. Lest they see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their hearts and TURN and I would heal them.” (Matthew 13:15)
- “The law of the LORD is perfect reviving the soul. The testimony of the LORD is sure making wise the simple, the precepts of the LORD are right rejoicing the heart, the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.” (Psalm 19:7-8)
- Having a 4th boy blog posts (click on “4th Blessing”)
- My post over at MOB Society on boys getting physical energy out to help with misbehavior
- My interview with Kat Lee (Inspired to Action) and Influence Network.
- Seeds Family Worship
- Tea Time
- Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna
- Bruce’s podcast interview about family mission trips (Ep 5)
- Heartfelt Discipline by Clay Clarkson
- Parenting the Wholehearted Child by Jeannie Cunnion
Thank you for making the last two years of podcasting possible!