You know one of the best parts of a giant snowstorm?
School’s out. Games cancelled. Stores closed.
And everyone stays home with their family (or spends hours outside playing in the snow!).
If that describes your weekend, then perhaps you just experienced a little bit of how it feels to “break busy”.
However, the heart behind Alli Worthington‘s message isn’t to sit at home and do nothing. And she isn’t introducing a new time management tool.
In her book and in this podcast episode, Alli shares how God led her away from a draining, super-busy existence to an energizing, life-giving one. She helps guide you in asking an important question when analyzing your calendar. You learn about making a “stop doing list”. And take a second to consider the “why” behind your activities.
So many great quotes I’ll be sharing with you this week over on Instagram and Facebook. But this one stood out:
“When we seek our value in other people or in what they think of us. We lose sight of what we’re placed to do on earth. . . .God has great plans for you. God has knitted you together for great purposes. It’s a journey of discovering who He made you to be.”
And I’ve already been implementing one of my “stop doing” items. . .life changing!
(Oh and after our conversation I discovered Christine Caine’s podcast: “Coffee with Chris Caine”. So very good!!)
Connect with Alli:
What we chat about:
- Her big family of 5 boys. . .how that scares people
- How do you know if an idea is yours or God’s.
- How God changes us in the in-between stages.
- Getting to the heart of “why” you are busy.
- One question to ask yourself when you look at your calendar
- How to make a stop doing list.
- How engaging social media impacts your happiness (an “aha” moment for me).
- Signs that you may be too busy.
- How to find your worth in God first before filling your schedules.
- Helping our kids navigate the online world and not find identity there.
- Christine Caine
- The A21 Campaign
- Rebekah Greer–Redeeming Love (Ep 8) (the story I mention of the single mom who found healing in the in-between)
- Breaking Busy book–releasing January 26th
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.