Myths I believe motivate the life I build.
On this week’s episode, author Shauna Niequist, shares the myths that pushed her into a hectic life she no longer wanted. Myths like “doing more makes you more”, “being busy makes you happy”, and “the payoff from work will fill your soul.”
Shauna shares her own story of learning to listen to her soul and build the life that brings the love she longs for. She shares some helpful spiritual disciplines to remove frantic from your day. Like her interview in episode 65 (find it here) Shauna brings real, vulnerable truth to guide us to God’s best.
“A lot of us don’t want to admit our actual limitations. I wanted people to believe I was tough, strong and capable. And I proved that to the detriment of my life, health, soul.”
If you are looking for more help and direction, check out Shauna’s new book: “Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living” ** (Amazon affiliate link)
Featured Sponsor: Jelly Telly
JellyTelly is the only streaming video app designed specifically for kids where God is real and His Word is true. Co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer. Instantly stream hundreds of hours of safe, affirming videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith. Available on iOS, Android, and Kindle. Popular shows include: VeggieTales, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and MANY more!
Check them out at here. Make sure you use the special discount code for GodCenteredMomPodcast listeners mentioned at the beginning of this week’s show.
Connect with Shauna:
What we chat about:
- The myths Shauna believed which led her to a life she no longer wanted.
- Admitting your limitations to bring your best self.
- Tips to go from frantic to soul-full.
- How Shauna prioritizes the discipline of silence.
- What the code phrase “fire escape” means for their family.
- Shauna’s experience with a spiritual director.
- How to use centering prayer in shifting your core beliefs about God.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.