Welp. It finally happened. All my sadness poured out in an interview. The pain from the past few months bubbled over in this sweet conversation with Ellie Holcomb. And we shared testimony of all the joy and peace God supplies in the hardest of circumstances.
We laugh-cried. A lot.
You see, listening to Ellie’s album, “Red Sea Road” felt like reading her diary. She “went first” opening up about all the hard things, but claiming God’s faithfulness and nearness through it all. So I felt comfortable being vulnerable myself. . . yet forgetting y’all would be listening.
But maybe after hearing our conversation, you’ll gain confidence to share your own grounded joy with a friend. And you can laugh-cry together, giving God glory even in your Red Sea moments.
AND you’ll hear how Ellie’s family handles the whole work/life balance thing. Applying some awesome advice she’s gain from some wise women.
“We get to obey and follow Jesus together as a family. I want to be where God wants me to be.”
What we chat about:
- Why Ellie started memorizing Scripture and writing songs
- What sitting in God’s Word looks like for Ellie (mom to 2 little ones).
- How the “Red Sea Road” album was written while Ellie was walking through the desert.
- Watching her parents run into the darkness with arms raised in praise.
- The story of the day she recorded “Find You Here”.
- The amazing advice Ellie got about juggling home/work life.
- Rhythms of sabbath and yearly “state of the union” getaways.
- Ellie shares what dreams she had to lay down.
Connect with Ellie Holcomb:
- Philippians 4:4 “peace that passes understanding”
- “Red Sea Rules” by Robert Morgan**
- Wonder and Wandering (Ellie’s friend, Sara)
- Red Sea Road (from Ellie’s site. . .including the pink vinyl)
**Amazon Affiliate Link
Featured Sponsor: Seeds Family Worship
Learn God’s Word as a family with songs taken directly from the Bible. Sing-along to songs from Proverbs, Psalms, and Romans with Seeds Family Worship. Check out more: HERE. Don’t miss their FREE SHIPPING on all Easter resources!!! And their lullabies CD/DVD here.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.