It’s time to acknowledge the “porn in the room”.
Unfortunately, this topic hits too close to home for too many families. And goes beyond being a moral issue, causing ripple-effect damage to our culture.
So I’ve invited father & son team, Dr. Josh and Dr. Jimmy Myers, on the show this week. As licensed clinical counselors they have had their share of experience helping families heal from the devastation of pornography.
In this episode Jimmy & Josh help us avoid the temptation of pornography. And discuss ways to get freedom from addiction. I loved their advice on how we can best approach difficult conversations with our spouses. Praying this is an episode wives and husbands can listen to and it brings more connection than division.
AND if you’re looking for a God-centered podcast for guys check out the Pairadocs podcast hosted by Drs. Jimmy and Josh.
What we chat about:
- How Jimmy and Josh both got involved in psychology.
- Handling smart technology with your kiddos.
- What to do when you think you or a loved one has an addiction to porn.
- Pointing an addict to consider the tremendous amount of victims with pornography.
- Having healthy conversations about sex at home.
- Steps of healing after porn has entered your married relationship (virtual affair).
- Treating our spouses’ actions as wrong not as them as bad people (avoid toxic shame).
- What to do if you discover spouse has relapsed to addiction.
Connect with Pairadocs:
- Grace Covenant Church—Jimmy & Josh’ talk on pornography
- XXX Church
- Dumb Phone Family Movement — Sign the Petition!
- Fearless Parenting by Jimmy Myers and George Barna (coming July 2017) **
- 2 Corinthians 7:10–godly sorrow
- Birds & Bees with Mary Flo Ridley (Episode 153)
- Julie Lyles Carr “Raising an Original”**
- Rick Reynolds on Affair Recovery
- Circle Filter by Disney
- K9 Web Protection
- Hello Mornings – The Podcast
**Amazon Affiliate Link
Featured Sponsor: Jelly Telly
JellyTelly is the only streaming video app designed specifically for kids where God is real and His Word is true. Co-developed with VeggieTales® creator Phil Vischer.
Instantly stream hundreds of hours of safe, affirming videos and movies for kids about God, the Bible, and faith. JellyTelly is a safe place for children to experience fun and engaging entertainment while learning about God, the Bible, and faith.
Popular shows include: VeggieTales, Owlegories, Friends and Heroes, What’s in the Bible?, Theo, Whirl, Hillsong Kids, the Jesus Storybook Bible and MANY more! (browse the entire catalog here: https://www.jellytelly.com/whatson). Watch on iOS, Android, Kindle apps with a brand new Roku and Apple TV channels. Get your Easter resources over at JellyTelly.com blog.
When you sign up for a month of Jelly Telly and use the special coupon code (mentioned in this episode), you get a 10 page Jesus coloring book download and your first week of JellyTelly FREE!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.