You clearly heard God’s call. But why is obeying Him sometimes so difficult? In today’s interview my longtime friend and renowned author, Tricia Goyer, discusses obeying the Lord even when it isn’t easy, and how He blesses the faithfulness of His children.
Listen as Tricia discusses the unique way the Lord grew her family through unplanned pregnancies, biological children, foster care, and adoption. You’ll love her honesty and transparency as she shares the hard moments that had her questioning decisions, and the way the Lord has blessed her family along the way.
What we chat about:
- Obeying the Lord’s call to adopt (again and again and again) even after feeling “finished”
- Taking a break from speaking and writing to shepherd her daughters as they healed from past trauma.
- The sacrifice of stepping away from public ministry to focus on personal ministry at home.
- Understanding God’s heart and direction for our lives by spending time in His Word and in prayer
- Being called to multiple ministries and projects
- Seeing a need that coincides with God’s commands from His Word
- Trusting God while navigating His direction for our lives
- Obeying God even when it’s hard and you find yourself asking, “why did I do this?”
- Reaching out to our support systems when walking through hard providence
- Finding beauty in the chaos and being thankful for the hard times
- Moses communed with God face to face despite being called to a seemingly impossible
- The importance of steadfast obedience even though we want a quick fix
- The legacy we pass to our children when they see us obey the Lord despite difficulty
Connect with Tricia:
- “Night Song” **
- “Daring Escape” (releases Jan 2018) **
- Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby **
- “Walk it Out” **
**Amazon affiliate links (At no additional cost to you, a portion of your purchase will help keep the GodCenteredMom podcast running. Thank you!).
Featured Sponsor: Discipline That Connects Course (by Connected Families)
Discipline that Connects is a six-session online course that is designed to bring peace, connection, and grace to your home. Jim and Lynne Jackson have been teaching their easy-to-remember framework since 1993. Thousands of parents have been equipped to live out God’s grace and truth in their discipline through workshops and private coaching, and now, through the ease of the online course.
Connected Families has divided the online course into six practical and approachable sessions:
- Session 1: How Well-Intentioned Parents Miss Their Kids’ Hearts
Four Messages in Discipline Scenarios:
- Session 2: You are SAFE with me!
- Session 3: You are LOVED no matter what!
- Session 4: You are God’s workmanship – CALLED and CAPABLE!
- Session 5: You are RESPONSIBLE for your actions!
- Session 6: The Four Messages in Action
Pre-registration for this amazing course begins September 25th. Course begins TODAY October 2nd. Sign up for this moderated course to have forever access, a downloadable course workbook, a money back guarantee, AND the opportunity to grow as a parent with purpose and confidence with the ability to see God’s grace and love like never before. REGISTER NOW! (<–Click this link to register)