Scripture tells us to ‘cast our cares upon the Lord’. But how do we practically obey that command while gripped by the stronghold of anxiety? Today I’m talking with Ashley Willis about battling anxiety, a topic she’s experienced first hand.
Whether you’ve experienced anxiety personally or not, chances are someone in your life will. Listen as Ashley discusses practical ways to get to the root of anxiety, and how to fight fear with the truth of God’s Word.
We’re answering the questions you shared with me over on Instagram. Questions about whether anxiety is a sin, when/if medication should be used, how to help a spouse who is anxious and several other questions. Thank you for being brave in sharing your stories with me. You are not alone.
What we chat about:
- Is a Christian’s struggle with anxiety a form of sin?
- Coping with anxiety by understanding the lies the mind believes and replacing those lies with the truth of God’s Word.
- When to address anxiety with Christian counseling and medication, if necessary.
- How do we practically obey the command of casting our cares upon the Lord?
- Wrestling with the decision to take medication for anxiety and depression.
- The importance of addressing the root of anxiety and not just the symptoms.
- Fighting anxiety by reciting Scripture and praying out loud.
- How to come alongside family members battling anxiety.
- The importance of talking openly about anxiety in safe contexts, especially as moms.
- Keeping the fear of “what-if’s” from overrunning our lives.
- Jesus’ example of spending time alone to commune with His Father.
Connect with Ashley:
Biblical Counseling Resources:
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- The Timothy Center (Online Counseling Options)
- Association of Certified Biblical Counselors
- Southlake Christian Counseling (Video Counseling Options)
- Tiffany Ashenfelter (Skype Sessions)
- Spero Therapy Services (Skype Sessions available)
- Emotional Milestones :: Interview with Sissy Goff & David Thomas (Ep 160)
- ADHD :: Sarah Furlich (Ep 165)
- Video of Dave Willis giving Sermon on the Mount (click here to watch if reading via email):
**Amazon affiliate links (At no additional cost to you, a portion of your purchase will help keep the GodCenteredMom podcast running. Thank you!).
Featured Sponsor: Discipline That Connects Course (by Connected Families)
Discipline that Connects is a six-session online course that is designed to bring peace, connection, and grace to your home. Jim and Lynne Jackson have been teaching their easy-to-remember framework since 1993. Thousands of parents have been equipped to live out God’s grace and truth in their discipline through workshops and private coaching, and now, through the ease of the online course.
Connected Families has divided the online course into six practical and approachable sessions:
- Session 1: How Well-Intentioned Parents Miss Their Kids’ Hearts
Four Messages in Discipline Scenarios:
- Session 2: You are SAFE with me!
- Session 3: You are LOVED no matter what!
- Session 4: You are God’s workmanship – CALLED and CAPABLE!
- Session 5: You are RESPONSIBLE for your actions!
- Session 6: The Four Messages in Action
Pre-registration for this amazing course begins September 25th. Course begins TODAY October 2nd. Sign up for this moderated course to have forever access, a downloadable course workbook, a money back guarantee, AND the opportunity to grow as a parent with purpose and confidence with the ability to see God’s grace and love like never before. REGISTER NOW! (<–Click this link to register)
THE GCM LIVE EVENT:
Tickets are now on sale for the first GCM live event! Join Heather and her guests on Friday, November 3rd at 7pm for mentorship, friendship & discipleship. Get your tickets here. Can’t wait to be with you and celebrate FOUR years of the podcast!