You may know you “should” keep the Sabbath. And perhaps you then get stuck on “how”. Hopefully this episode will remove the shameful burden of “should” and shift the question from “how” to “who”. Shelly Miller, author of Rhythms of Rest, joins me in helping you develop a rhythm to cease from work and celebrate true rest in Jesus.
But what does sabbath rest look like specifically for young moms and those in ministry? Listen in as Shelly talks through the difference between routines and rhythms, and Jesus’ call to embrace what is easy and light.
What we chat about:
- What does it mean to practice sabbath in 2017?
- Separating the sabbath from rules and regulations, and embracing what is “easy and light.”
- The way we rest is unique to who we are, and may be different from how even our family members find rest.
- Prioritizing rest as a family and coming up with a plan for how each family member can practice sabbath.
- The main goal isn’t a set amount of time or even a day, but setting apart time time to rest
- Discovering the difference between routines and rhythms.
- How planning and preparation impact our ability to rest.
- Advice for the mom whose family is uninterested in implementing the sabbath.
- Finding like-minded community in Shelly’s Sabbath Society.
Connect with Shelly:
- Rhythms of Rest by Shelly Miller **
- Sabbath Society
- Carey Bailey — Life Coach
- Emily P. Freeman — The Next Right Thing Podcast
**Amazon affiliate links (At no additional cost to you, a portion of your purchase will help keep the GodCenteredMom podcast running. Thank you!).
Featured Sponsor: Discipline That Connects Course (by Connected Families)
Discipline that Connects is a six-session online course that is designed to bring peace, connection, and grace to your home. Jim and Lynne Jackson have been teaching their easy-to-remember framework since 1993. Thousands of parents have been equipped to live out God’s grace and truth in their discipline through workshops and private coaching, and now, through the ease of the online course.
Connected Families has divided the online course into six practical and approachable sessions:
- Session 1: How Well-Intentioned Parents Miss Their Kids’ Hearts
Four Messages in Discipline Scenarios:
- Session 2: You are SAFE with me!
- Session 3: You are LOVED no matter what!
- Session 4: You are God’s workmanship – CALLED and CAPABLE!
- Session 5: You are RESPONSIBLE for your actions!
- Session 6: The Four Messages in Action
Pre-registration for this amazing course begins September 25th. Course begins TODAY October 2nd. Sign up for this moderated course to have forever access, a downloadable course workbook, a money back guarantee, AND the opportunity to grow as a parent with purpose and confidence with the ability to see God’s grace and love like never before. REGISTER NOW! (<–Click this link to register)
THE GCM LIVE EVENT:
Tickets are now on sale for the first GCM live event! Join Heather and her guests on Friday, November 3rd at 7pm for mentorship, friendship & discipleship. Get your tickets here. Can’t wait to be with you and celebrate FOUR years of the podcast!