Have you ever wondered what “soul care” and “brokenness” and “wholehearted” mean? Have you felt like you should read the Bible and pray but don’t quite understand why it matters? Has your anxiety/depression/anger negatively impacted your relationships but you have no hope or method of how to change? Have you been working so hard to be spiritual but find yourself more exhausted then filled up?
Then this series is for you.
In this episode I set the stage for the rest of the series. You learn how God made us. And consider tossing out the lie of “well-roundedness” and embrace being well-lopsided.
Genesis 2:7– “Then the Lord God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul (nephesh).”
1 Thessalonians 5:23 “May the God of peace sanctify you completely, may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of Jesus.”
John 6: 63 “The flesh is no help at all…”
Galatians 5:17 “The flesh wants what is contrary to the spirit.”
John 1:1 “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.”
John 6:53 “Unless you eat this flesh and drink this blood, no life in you”
John 16:7 “it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.”
John 14: 16-17 “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.”
What I chat about:
- What does well-lopsided mean.
- How I got interested in learning more about body, soul, spirit.
- Definition of body, soul & spirit.
- What life looks like when my soul is lopsided towards the spirit.
- Francis Chan’s “Forgotton God” ** (if reading via email, click to website to get link)
- Interview with Kris Habashy (part 1) and (part 2)
**Amazon affiliate link: At no additional cost to you a portion of your purchase will support the production of this podcast.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.