After 15 years of marriage, Jenn Jett experienced the pain of divorce. But in that place of brokenness, she felt peace that God would redeem and heal her as she said, “Yes” to him.
Listen as she shares her story about how the Lord pursued her, fought for her and surprised her more than she expected with his redeeming love.
The Lord called me to himself and said, ‘Your hope does not need to be in the success of your marriage, it needs to be in me.’ We are so motivated by measures of success and we can look at our circumstances and either feel great or responsible and shameful.
What we chat about:
- Jenn’s story of brokeness and pain in marriage and divorce
- Redefining redemption from God’s perspective
- Marriage and motherhood can become idols
- Saying Yes to the things of God can take us on an adventure
- The importance of community and friends as we process lies we’re believing
- The power of prayer and learning not to hold back in prayer
- Healing and restoration is possible even after what feels like a catastrophe
- The Lord pursues and fights for us through multiple ways
- Scripture: Isaiah 61 & 62
- Finding our identity in Christ is so key before we have a hard life situation
Connect with Jenn:
- “Power of the Praying Wife”**
- Exodus 14:14
- Lost Valley Ranch
- Israel Collective
- Val Marie Paper –Prayer Journal
- Enneagram — The Road Back to You**
- Kat Armstrong — Ep 171 Motherhood, Career & Identity
- Camp Well Summit Instagram
- Camp Well Summit Spring 2018
- Red Sea Rules by Robert Morgan**
- Red Sea Road with Ellie Holcomb
**Amazon affiliate link, with no additional cost to you, a portion of your purchase will go to support the production of this show.
Featured Sponsor: Prep Dish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.