Life is full of decisions. We do our best to choose wisely and follow God’s lead. Sometimes God leads us in a different direction. It doesn’t always make “sense” in the moment. And it definitely isn’t easy to share those changes with others.
It’s been over a year since we’ve given you a glimpse behind the scenes. In that time A LOT has happened in our world: new job, school shifts, adopting & “re-homing” a puppy. So I’m bringing my hubby Bruce back on the show to share one concept he’s used at work for years and he has helped me process the last year of change.
In this episode Bruce and I let you in on the thought process behind our life choices. Hoping this conversation will allow you grace to change your mind without the fear of what others think.
I reserve the right to change my mind and not have to explain it to you, but every person who hears about it wants to know the whole story. What I’ve found is people want to know the should. Every time I talk to a mom, they are feeling this pressure to get it all right, so then when they hear a story that doesn’t work out or where you changed your mind they are trying to analyze the rightness of it.
What we chat about:
- What’s happened in the MacFadyen family in the past year
- Bruce’s current business, Door Real Estate Brokerage
- The mantra, “I always reserve the right to change my mind”
- Making the decision to send one of our sons back to school after a semester of homeschooling
- What happened with our dog
- Giving yourself freedom to change your mind
- Being gracious to others who change their minds
- Why we need to give our kids and ourselves permission to make mistakes
- Working to create an environment at home where it’s okay to change your mind and make mistakes
- In all of the decisions in life it’s about balance and listening to God’s voice
- Bruce and experience doing medical missions with his parents (Ep 5)
- When Your Husband Has a Demanding Job (Ep 38)
- Goals, Roles & Superpowers (Ep 112)
- This is Us (Ep 145)
Featured Sponsor: Prep Dish
Prep Dish meal plans were created by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf to help save you time and put home-cooked meals on the table. No meal time stress. No more answering the dreaded question, “What’s for Dinner?!”. Developed by chef & dietician Allison Schaaf, Prep Dish is a healthy, whole food based meal plan subscription service. Allison does all the planning for you- including easy-to-follow shopping lists and prep-ahead instructions so you know what to prepare and when.
Imagine…all of your meals prepped and ready to go for the entire week. We like to call this meal time bliss!
Best-selling author and marriage counselor Dr. Paul David Tripp hosted an exclusive live stream event. In four life-changing sessions, he challenged husbands and wives to ask two questions and make two commitments that would radically change their marriage.
Now, for a limited time, you can have on-demand digital access to this powerful conference. But hurry – replay access is only available until March 31, 2018. Purchase a Replay License today and unlock the entire event. Licenses are available for individuals, home groups, and entire churches. Get a discount with code: “GodCentered”.
How to listen to the podcast:
1.Listen on the blog. Click through to GodCenteredMom.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one (that I mentioned) in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. If you don’t have an iDevice, you can listen via Stitcher.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (Click here to access via iTunes). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.