Anger. Control Issues. People Pleasing. Jealousy.
Yep. yep. yep & yep.
I’ve read many books about each of these “issues”. And then God revealed to me these issues were all really the symptoms of an age-old disease…pride.
Here are posts I wrote about each of the symptoms that appear in my self-centeredness. Along with each negative characteristic I paired the contrasting positive attribute.
May these posts help you recognize your need to place God in the center of your life:
- Gratitude: the alternative to grumbling
- Servant of God: the alternative to people pleaser
- Submission: the alternative to control issues
- Listening: an alternative to an uncontrolled tongue
- Contentment: the alternative to comparison
- Patience: an alternative to anger
- Letting go of perfect…
- You are gifted. I am gifted. God is the giver.
- Modesty: the alternative to attention seeking
- Accepting help: the alternative to doing it all
- Accountability: the alternative to criticism
- Close Frienships: the alternative to self-sufficiency